POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : What I did on my summer vacation.... : Re: What I did on my summer vacation.... Server Time
18 Jun 2024 09:34:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What I did on my summer vacation....
From: Charles C
Date: 18 Oct 2007 03:19:56
Message: <4717091c@news.povray.org>
OpalPlanet wrote:
> I was introduced to POVRay at the beginning of the summer as part of  my
> job. Basically, I was assigned to learn POV, teach it to my boss, and
> produce some cool things along the way. So, two and a half months later
> (plus a few weeks at school while I forgot to post this), here is the
> animation and the poster I presented at my employer's annual retreat.
>
> Both of them are very large, so they are at
>
> http://filer.case.edu/ecj10/public_html
>
> Not the greatest, but I wanted to share, since so many of you helped me
> along the way.
>
> Questions/comments welcome!
> -OpalPlanet

Thanks for sharing.  The still image is cool (and BIG). I suppose that's
hard to avoid when you've got things of such different scales.

As for the anim, the first media player I tried choked for some reason,
the second one half-choked, and the third was the charm: media player
classic. I might just be low on memory.

Anyway I think it's effective and well done. :-) My only minor
suggestion (I realize it's done) would have been about the suddenness of
some of the turns.

Charles