POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Short one : Re: Short one Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:47:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Short one
From: scott
Date: 18 Oct 2007 02:57:19
Message: <471703cf$1@news.povray.org>
>>> and that your use of the service constitutes agreement with this policy.
>>
>>   No agreement can go against the law. At least not here.
>
> I think that's, generally, the case everywhere. But lots of places have a
> list of "this is how it works, *but* an agreement can change that" sort of
> laws, so that makes it legal.

Also they have things like

A) You must not make copies and sell them.
B) <some illegal requirement/agreement>
C) ...
.
Z) If any of the above terms are broken this license is terminated and you
must return all software and media and you're not allowed to use the
software blah blah blah

I have an illegal clause in my job contract (about working for competitors),
they can't do anything legally about it of course (unless they could show I
had given away company confidential information), but they would be
perfectly entitled to "terminate" my contract!