POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core : Re: Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core Server Time
11 Oct 2024 21:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Oct 2007 21:08:21
Message: <4716b205@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:
> ....which begs the question, "what are you using 10 MB for?"

It doesn't beg the question. It raises the question. </peeve>

> What's it *doing* with it??

All the COM stuff, perhaps?  Exporting the functionality of Word so you
don't have to write your own mail merge and spell checker for every program?

> One of the ways they kept the Amiga cheap was by not
> including the hardware necessary for implementing virtual memory...)

The CPU didn't even support it, just like pre-386 days.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Remember the good old days, when we