POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I'm back : Re: I'm back Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm back
From: Rune
Date: 17 Oct 2007 17:20:20
Message: <47167c94$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:
> We've had this conversation plenty of times before. It keeps coming back
> to the fact that I have no clue what TO do. Because I have no prior
> experience to draw on. And - judging by the number of times it's been
> discussed - nobody can explain it to me either. Maybe it's something that
> can't be expressed in words, I don't know...

What to do can mostly be expressed with words, but the understanding of it
mostly can only be achieved though personal experience. You have to live
life to understand it, not listen to other people talk about it (though that
works well as a supplement to living it).

And people here have come with lots of suggestions as to what TO do.

Some of them you say you are too afraid to do. Being afraid of unknown
territory is natural, sometimes you just have to do it anyway. This IS
easier said than done, but we've all had to do it at some point, and come
out stronger in the end.

Some things you don't see the point in, because they're not what you want.
You're at A and want D but you couldn't care less about B and C (and you
can't see how B and C are going to lead to D). Well, sometimes you have to
take small steps at a time. And since you don't seem to know how to get to D
yourself, it might help to listen to the people who have successfully gotten
to D. So, for example, if people say, "Step B would be to practice
conversation with random strangers that you're not really interested in and
who you're probably never going to meet again", well, then perhaps doing it
WILL be a step towards *getting girlfriend* eventually, even though it seems
pointless to you now. You have gotten variations over this advice countless
of times now. Also, you seem to completely refuse that *moving away from
home* will have any effect on *getting girlfriend* whatsoever, even though
you'd had pretty clear advice that it *will* make a difference. And no, it's
not too expensive if you rent.

Also, to some of the suggestions you say, like, "Er, sure. I already did
that." Sometimes you surprise us with the progress you've already done! You
may not feel like you're getting far, but you're certainly going forward.

Rune