POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I'm back : Re: I'm back Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:45:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm back
From: scott
Date: 17 Oct 2007 03:49:29
Message: <4715be89@news.povray.org>
>>    Don't take what's happened to you seriously. Those guys are bored out
>> of their minds and you were the next best thing to having some excitement
>> in their lives - really. They're probably embarrased that you know what
>> you do, and were just looking to put you down because you're better than
>> them. (At least, tell yourself that 10 times a day!)  :)
>
> Who are you trying to kid? I'm the only guy on the list without a PhD in
> some highly advanced disciplin. :-P

So?  It's unlikely they all did their PhDs about Haskell, as Steve said they
are probably just really annoyed that someone without a PhD could know so
much about a language like Haskell.  They are just looking for any way to
show you up so that everyone else remembers they are "better" than you.  You
could always try to show them up by throwing in a few "in real life" or
"outside academia" type answers ;-)