POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Viewing Photon Maps : Re: Viewing Photon Maps Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Viewing Photon Maps
From: Alain
Date: 16 Oct 2007 12:24:59
Message: <4714e5db$1@news.povray.org>
scott nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/10/16 04:55:
>> Thanks for your responses. On the one hand, I'm glad I didn't miss
>> anything.
>> On the other hand, I'd really like to be able to "see" photons and more
>> about how they are stored in POV. Perhaps this is something I will look
>> into further.
>
> Maybe you could look at the source code and see what the format is for
> the saved photons file?  You might then be able to just draw some
> geometry in the scene to represent the photons?

I think that it's some king of "sparse" array. Only the elements that are
actualy used exist at all. In this case, the array's elements would be the
photons and ther locations.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you can recite your high school