POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Invite to see molecules ray tracing pictures : Re: Invite to see molecules ray tracing pictures Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invite to see molecules ray tracing pictures
From: Alain
Date: 16 Oct 2007 12:18:48
Message: <4714e468@news.povray.org>
Francesco Bennardo nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/10/15 16:38:
> "zeroin23" <zer### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> Hi Sir,
>>
>> it would be nice if you can provide the source codes to the POV-Ray.
>>
>> have you seen this?
>> http://wwwchem.leidenuniv.nl/metprot/armand/
>> it looks good, but then there is no way to get the source code.
>>
>> I am trying to replicate the work of reproducing protein secondary structure
>> in POV-Ray. After trying to do this for 1.5 years, I am still trying to
>> figure out how to draw beta sheets.
>>
>> Yours images sizes are too big, think you can reduce the size, the entire
>> page is 2.58MByte, my suggestion would be, reduce the image to thumbnails
>> and at the same time provide PV source, so that if required, anyone can
>> replicated themselves and increase the resolution.
>>
>> The font is nice.
>

> I will put the sources as soon as possible
> If i reduce the size of the pictures, the ray tracing do not look very nice.
> Francesco

You can use tumbnails linking to the full size image. It's a common practice.
That way, if you don't want to view an image, you only get the small thumbnail
to DL. Save time and bandwidth.
You can always have a full size "featured" image at the beginning of the page.
It can be scripted to automaticaly change from time to time.

--
Alain
   My wife's such a bad cook, the dog begs for Alka-Seltzer.