POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Short one : Re: Short one Server Time
12 Oct 2024 01:16:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Short one
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Oct 2007 22:06:01
Message: <47141c89$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Regardless of the suspected crime type, I'm still not very comfortable
> if the police could legally spy on anyone they want.

In the USA, the police are *supposed* to go to a judge and convince the
judge of the need to do this.  That this is being ignored is troublesome
to me. But I don't have much of a problem with it when the judge is
involved.

Of course, the bit of "let's watch everyone always who is in public, and
record any data leaving or entering their private house" is also
troublesome, but certainly easier to get around.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Remember the good old days, when we