POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : I think I'm having trouble with underscores. : Re: I think I'm having trouble with underscores. Server Time
28 Apr 2024 15:06:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I think I'm having trouble with underscores.
From: Chris B
Date: 15 Oct 2007 04:06:17
Message: <47131f79@news.povray.org>
"Charles C" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.4712f18227705f80b87ba68c0@news.povray.org...
> "Chris B" <c_b### [at] btconnectcomnospam> wrote:

> One question is, what to do about something like this?  I copied the
> View_POV_Include_Stack line from what's in a lot of the POV-Ray distro
> #includes.  If fully compliant, the variable needs ScaleConvert_ at the
> beginning but to be meaninful it needs to match what's in other #includes:
>
> #ifdef(ScaleConvert_View_POV_Include_Stack)  #debug "including
> scaleconvert.incn" #end
>
> versus:
>
> #ifdef(View_POV_Include_Stack)  #debug "including scaleconvert.incn" #end
>

> Thanks again,
> Charles

I was probably a little over zealous there in my edits. I 'm sure we will
need to document a couple of 'exceptions', such as this one, where variables
do need a cross-file context. The server doesn't check variable names etc.
within the file which is why it relies upon the contributor making an
assessment about the level of compliance of their contribution.

Regards,
Chris B.