POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Portal : Re: Portal Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:16:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Portal
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Oct 2007 22:05:54
Message: <4712cb02@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:
>> Well, as I said, I already have HL1. I just uninstalled it for space
>> reasons.
>
> Yeah, that won't help you. HL2 and later are distributed on Steam, while
> HL1 was distributed on physical CDs only.

No. The CD I have, I installed HL1 from. Then I signed up for Steam
(downloaded the virus-rocket-demo thing and a couple others) and it
upgraded my HL1. Really, I have a Steam account.

> So if it won't play on yours, you can always walk round to a friend's
> house. ;-)

I have trouble keeping the volume down enough to make my wife think I'm
working instead of gaming, let alone running off to the office or a
friend's house. ;-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Remember the good old days, when we