POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Just playing... : Re: Just playing... Server Time
28 Sep 2024 07:36:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just playing...
From: St
Date: 14 Oct 2007 19:08:35
Message: <4712a173@news.povray.org>
"Leef_me" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.471157f2e955b505892adb1d0@news.povray.org...
> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>> I was thinking of doing a kind of lighthouse effect with this as the
>> diamond
>> came into view, but wouldn't know how to do that, or whether it would
>> spoil
>> it or not.
>>
>>     Thoughts?
>>
>>     ~Steve~
>
> I think it looks very nice, without adding any special effects.

     Thank you! It was just a thought that came to mind as it actually looks
like a lighthouse in the way that it turns. After some thought, I'd guess
that a cone and some media would be suitable, but only if it's very faint.

> It took a few minutes to explain to my SO why I can't buy it for her.

   Your lady liked the design? That's cool.  :o)  Yes, that actual stone
would probably be a 1 carat diamond... expensive. ;)

> IMHO it would look better -with- a velvet cushion and -without- the green
> background and black reflections.

   Thanks. I'll be playing with that idea, but with a different design. (And
hopefully, a different angle).

    ~Steve~