POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Portal : Re: Portal Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:18:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Portal
From: Slime
Date: 14 Oct 2007 17:40:23
Message: <47128cc7$1@news.povray.org>

> field of view...
>
> Seriously. It was quite easy to get that far (despite how impossible it
> looks), but I cannot get past that.

You have a huge supply of boxes at that point.

> I've looked at all of the last three levels. They all contain an element
> which is impossible. I can't solve any of them. And that's just boring.
>
> One contains a room where entry results in instantaneous death. One
> contains a room with a port behind glass so there's no way to feed in an
> orb (even if the walls *weren't* all metal). And one contains a 60 foot
> jump and all surfaces are made of metal. All equally impossible.

Oh, the room with glass you solve the same way as in the non-advanced
version, it just takes a little more luck. As for the "60 foot jump", you
need to find a way to get a portal on the floor above you, which means you
need to find a point in time at which you're high enough to see it.

> OK, admit it. How long did you spend admiring your character's ass? ;-)

Actually I didn't really find her that attractive. =)

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]