POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Portal : Re: Portal Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Portal
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Oct 2007 13:46:07
Message: <471255df$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:
> That would be directly in the middle of the field of view of all three
> sentry guns. :-S

Oh. I thought they'd be facing out. Obviously, then you have to get them
to shoot each other. :-)

> Go to the Stream website, download and install the Steam client (tiny),
> create a Steam account and browse the games list. Find Portal, hit "buy"
> and fill in your credit card details. Oh, and then wait a few hours (!!)
> for Portal to actually to download. It's quite... large...

Well, as I said, I already have HL1. I just uninstalled it for space
reasons. And my ISP just bumped my cable modem speed up to 10Mbps, which
used to be LAN speed, so I don't imagine waiting for the thing to
install will be problematic. I usually don't mind waiting overnight for
such stuff anyway.

Cool to know. I'll have to see if it works with my graphics card, which
is getting kind of old. What happens if you buy a game your machine
won't play? Is it smart enough to tell you that?

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Remember the good old days, when we