POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Reflection Inside of a Sphere : Re: Reflection Inside of a Sphere Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:32:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflection Inside of a Sphere
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 12 Oct 2007 18:40:21
Message: <470ff7d5$1@news.povray.org>
Le 13.10.2007 00:23, philrymek nous fit lire :
> Greetings all.
>
> I am new to POV-Ray and I am trying to accomplish the following.  I have a
> sphere with a checkered box inside it, and I want the box to reflect inside
> of the sphere.  I  have already made a reflective sphere with checkered box
> and light source inside, but the checkered box does not reflect inside of
> the sphere.  Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Know your optics...

The box inside the sphere is mainly visible at the opposite
location, according to the center of the sphere.
(and then in nearly all directions).

If your camera is somewhere else, the probability to find the box in
reflection drops a lot, and you'd better orient it with smart maths...

Now, also, beware of max trace level... raise it a lot, that could
help too (default value is so low...).
--
The superior man understands what is right;
the inferior man understands what will sell.