POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New puzzle/logic game : Re: New puzzle/logic game Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:09:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New puzzle/logic game
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 11 Oct 2007 19:11:31
Message: <470eada3@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
  > It is an interesting new concept, but I have two problems with it:

The idea didn't come from me; I just implemented it.

> - One is purely me, I hate bright light and you made the game with
> simulated overexposure, even though white is just as white as always, it
> still annoys me.

I got an e-mail about that very same thing. I didn't realize it would be
so annoying...

> - from level 5 on they have all the same difficulty level. (unless very
> high levels have more light) As soon as you don't see an obvious answer

Hmm, I tested it, and I don't get the same problem.

> you start trying thinks randomly (at least I did). I have learned by now
> that there is a.o. a combination of switches that will switch only the
> light at position <2,2> or equivalent. But I still have no clue what
> that combination is. I keep finding it faster by now, but the number of
> switches to turn is too big for me to remember. So I can solve the
> levels but I don't feel I am learning to see the patterns. Put another
> way: it is boring, sorry.

Yeah, it is kinda boring. I programmed it just to learn a few things and
keep my programming skills up. What I really want to make is another
'Metroidvania' type game. I still need to learn some things before I
can, though.

> At last you need more variation in the boards.

How so? Boards with different shapes?

> Plus a few introductory
> levels to learn some combinations that only affect one or a few lights.
> A bit like the combination of rotations that only swapped two cubes in
> rubic's cube.

The difficulty does rise rather steeply. As I said previously, if enough
people like it, I'll improve on it. For now, I'll let it sit and collect
dust.

Sam