POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : multiple renderings with #while ? : Re: multiple renderings with #while ? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: multiple renderings with #while ?
From: Simon
Date: 11 Oct 2007 17:54:49
Message: <470e9ba9$1@news.povray.org>
I've always been happier with sin&cos as it allows me to make oval camera
movement very easily, as well as allowing "smooth" motion of objects ie:

#declare Fade= 1-cos(clock*2*pi)/2

object {whatever
    translate z*Dist*5
}

will (obviously) slide smoothly from origin to 5*z. I just find it easier to
write it all in the same style.

Why do you find rotate to be more convenient? Simply habit or are there
advantages I'm missing?

Regards,
Simon