POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Transparency one way only : Re: Transparency one way only Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:31:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparency one way only
From: St
Date: 11 Oct 2007 16:21:51
Message: <470e85df$1@news.povray.org>
"Pahidla" <dol### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Working on a model of a room and somtimes I would like to take a step back
> to see more of the room, but then of course walls (povray boxes) get in
> the
> way. Is there a way to make an object, such as a box, transparent but only
> if one looks outside in, i.e. from one direction.

    Hi Pahidla

     As far as I know, no, there isn't a way to do this. What you can do
however, is to give your boxes, (walls), a 'no_image' statement in your
texture, like below, and then pan back out:

    OBJECT {
    [OBJECT_ITEMS...]
    no_image
      }

     You may also want to use 'no_reflection' and 'no_shadow' if you so
wish.

     See: http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/328/

     ~Steve~