POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Short one : Re: Short one Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:46:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Short one
From: Warp
Date: 11 Oct 2007 05:51:05
Message: <470df209@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] laptopcom> wrote:
> That may be so, but they wouldn't be able to read my data, or modify it
> without me noticing (eg that the HD has been wiped, or certain files give an
> error when trying to load).  They need my password and my USB security key
> to be able to do that.

  The only way to achieve that is encrypting the files, in which case being
able to reset the root password is of no additional help (compared to being
able to boot from a CD).

  Being able to reset the root password and being able to boot from a CD
are basically the same thing, when you have direct access to the computer.

--
                                                          - Warp