POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Skybox Issue : Re: Skybox Issue Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:30:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skybox Issue
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 10 Oct 2007 17:14:12
Message: <470d40a4$1@news.povray.org>
Simon wrote:
> Hmmm there's something strange going on here. With ambient 0 diffuse 0, I
> can still see the box (although it's darker). Would it help if I posted the
> code?

Simon,

Are the images PNG files? If so, try using a different format. PNGs
store gamma and alpha information, both of which can give unexpected
results down the line.

Does your scene have fog? Is the skybox 'hollow'? If you are still
seeing the box even with ambient 0 diffuse 0, then fog may be affecting
your scene.

How did you create the images? Are you interested in trying something
new? Rune's Illusion Include file lets you render a backdrop and place
it into an existing scene (onto an object such as a skybox). It will
work great if the camera does not move.

Link:
http://runevision.com/show.asp?id=96

Beyond that, make sure that ambient 1 and diffuse 0 are the *only*
finish attributes in the box's texture.

Sam