POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray beta updates : Re: POV-Ray beta updates Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray beta updates
From: Nicolas George
Date: 10 Oct 2007 04:42:47
Message: <470c9087$1@news.povray.org>
Warp  wrote in message <470c1ab8@news.povray.org>:
>   Really? I have seen 2 people complaining. Hardly 99% of all people who
> use it.

Oh, an appeal to the silent majority. If you do that, I can not stay silent.

I very seldom install binaries on my box that are not packages from my
distribution. The reason is not only a matter of principle, but also that
binaries tend do be a mess to install and maintain, with a lot of kludges to
autodetect the system setup. Maybe the POV-Ray beta binaries are not like
that, maybe they are, I did not check, as I do not really need these beta.