POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray beta updates : Re: POV-Ray beta updates Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:25:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray beta updates
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 9 Oct 2007 16:20:41
Message: <470be299$1@news.povray.org>

470bd3a6@news.povray.org...

> The license for the POV stable releases gives me a degree of freedom
> that I'm willing to live with. The POV betas are crippled to a degree
> that I won't put up with.

It's a beta version, which means that it's an uncomplete, unfinished,
crippled, potentially hazardous version that only exists for evaluation
purposes and helping the developers to find and fix bugs. People who use
betas are called beta testers, not "final users".  If you don't accept the
risks of a beta testing (which is perfectly normal), don't use the beta.
That's the general agreement when testing new technology, be it software,
fighter jets or condoms. If you get someone pregnant after testing the new
[insert brand here] XtraSupersize++, I don't think you'll be able to sue
them either ;)

G.