POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray beta updates : Re: POV-Ray beta updates Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:27:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray beta updates
From: Dre
Date: 8 Oct 2007 18:31:29
Message: <470aafc1@news.povray.org>
news:4709fd26@news.povray.org...
> Dre <aus### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> Thats fine, but then which version fires up when I say open a .pov file
>> in
>> explorer??  Depends on the file association.  I dont want to have to
>> check
>> whether its version 3.6 or 3.7b everytime so what if its set to 3.6, then
>> it
>> wont use 3.7, if its set to 3.7, then when it runs out, my associations
>> break.   Or if I have the association set to 3.6, I have 3.7 open, then
>> flick back to windows explorer, double click on a different .pov and it
>> opens up in 3.6, not in 3.7, pita.  There are *many* more examples.
>
>> All stuff I dont want to waste my (precious) spare time with so hence
>> wont
>> use betas that time out.
>
>  Did you know that you can create shortcut icons in your desktop? These
> can be used to launch any binary you want.
>
>  And now an awesome tip: You can even drag&drop files onto these icons
> and they will be launched with that file! Oooh! The wonders of modern
> technology.
>
> --
>                                                          - Warp

Yes I fully understand how to use Windows thanks very much!

How I have my computer set up atm works fine for me, using 2 different
versions of pov *doesn't* work for me.

For this reason I also dont use mega or ml pov.

I dont know why you are getting so fired up about this, but hey whatever
floats your boat, use as many versions of pov as you like and fill up your
desktop with useless shortcuts, *I* dont work like this.

Cheers Dre