POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dev-Cpp or Watcom? : Re: Dev-Cpp or Watcom? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:20:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dev-Cpp or Watcom?
From: Ross
Date: 8 Oct 2007 17:55:56
Message: <470aa76c@news.povray.org>
"John VanSickle" <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Right now I've been using Dev-Cpp for developing my modeler.  It's
> getting the job done.
>
> The only real issue with Dev-Cpp is that the fine folks at bloodshed.net
> haven't updated the compiler since 2005, whereas Watcom is still being
> supported.

I speculating you could update to a newer GCC compiler here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435 (I found that
page through http://www.mingw.org/download.shtml which may be helpfull too)

and then in the Dev-CPP "Tools->Compiler" menu set it to use the new
compiler.

I might try that sometime, I was surprised to see that Dev-Cpp is so old.