POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core : Re: Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 8 Oct 2007 17:40:36
Message: <470aa3d4$1@news.povray.org>

470a2019$1@news.povray.org...
> http://hubpages.com/hub/_86_Mac_Plus_Vs_07_AMD_DualCore_You_Wont_Believe_Who_Wins

From the article:
"Most users use relatively small spreadsheets so we used a 640 filled-cell
format."
"It can be stated that for the majority of simple office uses, the massive
advances in technology in the past two decades have brought zero advance in
productivity".

Now that's research. Here's a few other ones:
- Most people don't have to go faster than 5 km/h, so our donkey vs car
comparison shows that the massive advance in technology in the past century
have brought zero advance in transportation.
- Most people don't expect to live past 30, so our voodoo vs medicine
comparison show that the massive advance in technology in the two past
centuries have brought zero advance in healthcare.
- Keep your expectations as low as possible and you'll always be happy.

G.