POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core : Re: Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mac Plus vs AMD Dual Core
From: John VanSickle
Date: 8 Oct 2007 16:28:05
Message: <470a92d5@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:

> "The lower the level of the code language, the less processing cycles
> are required to get something done."
>
> Obviously this is demonstratably false.

It is more precise to say that the lower the level of the code language,
the more closely optimum performance can be achieved on a specific
hardware platform.

But the payoff for most applications isn't worth the increased
expenditure of brain calories, which is why I no longer program in
assembler.

Regards,
John