POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Backmasking and pattern recognision : Re: Backmasking and pattern recognision Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:17:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Backmasking and pattern recognision
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 8 Oct 2007 11:34:35
Message: <470a4e0b@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote:

> Just one more little funny demonstration of how faulty our sense of
> perception is. :)

Haven't listened to the clip, but am familiar with what backmasking is.

Brain works in such strange ways in regards to picking out patterns from
the chaos. Amazing really how we have the ability to perceive imagined
words from what is essentially unintelligible sound. Our brains try hard
to find something that matches our expectations. If you're sure Rock &
Roll is the work of the devil, playing music backwards is sure to give
contorted versions of demonic chants, commands and invocations.

Even more fascinating is hallucinations (perceiving something that
doesn't even exist, out of nothing), especially when they run counter to
conscious expectations ... :)