POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Backmasking and pattern recognision : Re: Backmasking and pattern recognision Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:16:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Backmasking and pattern recognision
From: somebody
Date: 8 Oct 2007 10:30:05
Message: <470a3eed$1@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <aut### [at] runevisioncom> wrote

> http://www.alphageeks.dk/backwards%20masking.mp4
>
> Just one more little funny demonstration of how faulty our sense of
> perception is. :)

Looking at it under another light, it's a demonstration of how powerful our
sense of perception is: Someone was able to come up with the
"interpretation" and pretty much all of us "agree" with it. The day we see
the same quality/agressiveness/inventiveness and adherence to semantics, as
well as consistency, in pattern recognition at computer algorithms/programs,
computers will likely be passing the TT. BTW, more of the same here:
http://jeffmilner.com/backmasking.htm