POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New puzzle/logic game : Re: New puzzle/logic game Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New puzzle/logic game
From: andrel
Date: 11 Oct 2007 17:47:46
Message: <470E9B05.9000006@hotmail.com>
Samuel Benge wrote:
> scott wrote:
>> Looks very nice and plays very smoothly.  I got stuck on level 7 so
>> couldn't get to see the POV homage :-(
>
> Wow, a reply :) Thanks for your input!
OK here is another one. (I planned to reply earlier, but my video card
fan broke, and the temporary card I used could not display the game,
current temporary does.)
I did reach level 9 and saw the POV logo's

[snip]
> If I see that enough people like the game,
It is an interesting new concept, but I have two problems with it:
- One is purely me, I hate bright light and you made the game with
simulated overexposure, even though white is just as white as always, it
still annoys me.
- from level 5 on they have all the same difficulty level. (unless very
high levels have more light) As soon as you don't see an obvious answer
you start trying thinks randomly (at least I did). I have learned by now
that there is a.o. a combination of switches that will switch only the
light at position <2,2> or equivalent. But I still have no clue what
that combination is. I keep finding it faster by now, but the number of
switches to turn is too big for me to remember. So I can solve the
levels but I don't feel I am learning to see the patterns. Put another
way: it is boring, sorry.

> I'll add support for a full
> screen mode, and maybe even allow the high scores to be kept.

At last you need more variation in the boards. Plus a few introductory
levels to learn some combinations that only affect one or a few lights.
A bit like the combination of rotations that only swapped two cubes in
rubic's cube.