POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Attempt to POV4 Syntax basics : Re: Attempt to POV4 Syntax basics Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Attempt to POV4 Syntax basics
From: andrel
Date: 10 Oct 2007 16:47:59
Message: <470D3B81.9070902@hotmail.com>
David Buck wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>> Yes something like that. Not sure about the need for a stack here.
>> And I would suggest not to include the camera *in* the scene but have
>> a scene description and an output device, that may or may not be a
>> camera,
>> that gets the scene as input.
>
> I was trying to match the existing POV syntax.  If you want to separate
> the camera from the scene description, it would be trivial to do with
> this approach.

I know, just wanted to drive home a point ;)
And then I even forgot to stress that also the fact that you better not
change the scene after you started rendering also points to the fact
that a camera should be handled slightly different from the scene
generation. Passing it as a read only parameter to the camera function
would be an clear solution.