POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray beta updates : Re: POV-Ray beta updates Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:17:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray beta updates
From: Dre
Date: 7 Oct 2007 22:45:45
Message: <470999d9$1@news.povray.org>
news:47096f2d@news.povray.org...
> Dre <aus### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> I just cannot be bothered having to revert/reinstall older version when
>> the
>> time limit runs out just so I can keep working.
>
>  Reinstall the older version? I didn't even know the beta has an
> installer.
> It's just a binary. You place it in the directory of the pov3.6
> distribution
> and you can run it alongside it. There's no reverting nor reinstalling
> anything needed.
>
> --
>                                                          - Warp

Okay I should have left out the "reinstall" bit.

I dont like having to muck around with applications when they stop working
when I want to use them.  I have little spare time as it is and having to
waste time to make things work before I can do my work is frustrating so I
just dont bother.

Cheers Dre