POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 'Limited' light_source? : Re: 'Limited' light_source? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:24:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 'Limited' light_source?
From: Warp
Date: 7 Oct 2007 05:38:44
Message: <4708a923@news.povray.org>
Rune <aut### [at] runevisioncom> wrote:
> >  (Btw, are you sure shadow testing is done for fading lights regarldess
> > of distance?)

> Diffuse lighting without shadow testing is meaningless when the shadowless
> keyword is not used. Why would you even ask a question like that?

  I'm not exactly sure what you are asking here.

  What I asked is if he is sure that shadow tests are really performed
for fading lights which are farther away from the current point than the
maximum distance the light source would have an effect from.

> (I don't really mean the above answer, but you should know that your own
> answers are sometimes like this when people formulate questions that are not
> 100% precise.)

  I don't really understand that sentence.

--
                                                          - Warp