POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 'Limited' light_source? : Re: 'Limited' light_source? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 'Limited' light_source?
From: Rune
Date: 7 Oct 2007 02:29:29
Message: <47087cc9$1@news.povray.org>

Mark Birch wrote:
> Light groups can be are useful, but
> aren't always suitable for the interactions I want to achieve.

For example, if the spaceship lands on the road, it would be nice if its
light illuminate it - actually the lights should illuminate *everything*
within a range, which makes light_groups impractical.

>  (Btw, are you sure shadow testing is done for fading lights regarldess
> of distance?)

Diffuse lighting without shadow testing is meaningless when the shadowless
keyword is not used. Why would you even ask a question like that?

(I don't really mean the above answer, but you should know that your own
answers are sometimes like this when people formulate questions that are not
100% precise.)

Rune