POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Her again : Re: Her again Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:46:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Her again
From: Lance Birch
Date: 6 Oct 2007 01:10:05
Message: <470718ad@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote:
> Aww, such a sweet story though. Taking her time building up courage and

> point in your life, whatever it is. If you would really have liked to go on
> a date with her, I hope you didn't take the responsibility issue too
> serious. I mean, you shouldn't break promises, but if you make your
> situation clear to her and treat her with respect, it might not have hurt
> going on a few dates, even if you know you couldn't commit to a lasting
> relationship. I know some people will disagree with me on this one, but
> sometimes seizing the day right now is more important than considering the
> future, if you want to fully live life. But then, I don't know if you
> actually did go on some dates. The story's a bit fuzzy there, but that's all
> right. :)

No we didn't... Another part of the problem was that she'd assumed I lived
with my brother there, but in reality I live a 4 hour drive away.  But I
know what you mean about seizing the day, and if I'd really been 'into'
her then I probably would have gone on a date.  Once things settle down a
bit I'll probably get in touch again and might go out with her somewhere
just to make up for the way things happened (my brother wants me to make
it a double date - get her to bring a lady friend along for him!).  The
logistics of being where I am make it not as straight-forward though, even
without all of the other stuff (which is far more complex than what I've
mentioned here, but with time will become less so).

> In any case, I hope the thought about this sweet girl actually being so
> interested in you for a long time brings a little warmth to you, even if
> things didn't end perfectly.

Oh, it does; it's very flattering!  It's not often (at least not for me!)
that someone tells you're cute and that they like you :O  In fact I don't
recall that ever happening to me before, and in general I can't think of
any girl that has asked out a guy... it's always been the other way around.

Life is a funny thing...

Lance.

thezone - thezone.firewave.com.au