POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kids TV : Re: Kids TV Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:17:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kids TV
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Oct 2007 22:31:00
Message: <4706f364$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 11:12:06 +0100, Phil Cook wrote:

>> Knight Rider
>
> Ah Knight Rider a lone thingy fighting for the cause of whatever; the
> Hoff himself.

Yep.  I hear there's a movie in the works, but Das Hoff is not in it...

>> Greatest American Hero
>
> Surprisingly not

Now why would that be?  It was a pretty dumb show, really...

>> Wonder Woman
>
> only seemed to be shown sporadically here.

Not surprising to me.

>> The 6 Million Dollar Man
>> The Bionic Woman
>
> Never got into them

Not so much either here, not in the "must see" category, but still
something that if it was on, I'd watch.

>> Batman
>
> Now being repeated here on BBC4 in the evenings, so obviously not
> regarded as children's television anymore.

The Adam West version?  Or the cartoon version?

>> It's funny what hearing a song can trigger (was watching something and
>> the theme music from Greatest American Hero came on for some reason)
>
> Tell me about it :-)
>
> Damn trying to think of the A-Team tune and now I've got Magnum PI
> instead.

Da da da da-da! :-)

> Oo not Knight Rider, but what was the one with the helicopter, later
> there was a series with a bike (which was rubbish).

Airwolf; that one comes to mind when I watch George Carlin because of his
comments about a collection of nude photos of Ernest Borgnine....(Hey, if
*I* have to suffer, I shouldn't suffer alone....<g>)

> And what was that
> one with the computer generated hero with the floating blob called Bit
> and the car that turned at 90 degrees, wasn't that mentioned here not so
> long ago?

Not sure...

But just remembered Buck Rodgers as well...

Jim