POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The future of POV.... : Re: The future of POV.... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The future of POV....
From: John VanSickle
Date: 5 Oct 2007 19:21:36
Message: <4706c700@news.povray.org>
Samuel Benge wrote:
> While we're talking about it, please, please, please, add support for
> subdivision of meshes!
>
> Some of us are just no good at the complex routines required to smooth
> meshes ourselves. It would be *much* easier if we could just put some
> triangles together and apply subdivision to it.

   http://www.geocities.com/evilsnack/nsss.htm

This is a macro suite that supplies everything you've asked for (and
allows quadrilateral faces in the mesh you give to it).  It may not
parse as fast as you want, but aside from that it should meet your needs.

It works with my LionSnake modeler at

   http://www.geocities.com/evilsnack/lionsnake.htm

so that you can make posable models as well.

I am presently working on an upgrade to the modeler and the macro suite
to support faces with any number of sides.  This is competing with my
next animation and my Diablo II addiction, so progress has been rather
slow...

Regards,
John