POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Attempt to POV4 Syntax basics : Re: Attempt to POV4 Syntax basics Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Attempt to POV4 Syntax basics
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 5 Oct 2007 16:13:55
Message: <47069b03@news.povray.org>
"Shay" <Sha### [at] cccc> wrote in message news:4706806a$1@news.povray.org...
> Why a name for scene? Is the scene block necessary at all?

I for one would like to be able to define multiple scenes in one POV-file.
A while ago, someone here asked who to make transparant the visually
overlapping parts of specific objects.  I offered a solution with
camera_view pigments which worked, but which would be a lot cleaner and
easier if one could define multiple scenes in one file.
That's just one example.  Another, probably more frequently used example
might be to define layers of scenes, like a HUD, or static background.  Or
maybe lensflares.  That would all be much easier if you could tell POV-Ray
to render one scene on top of another, or using one scene as background for
another.

cu!
--
#macro G(b,e)b+(e-b)*C/50#end#macro _(b,e,k,l)#local C=0;#while(C<50)
sphere{G(b,e)+3*z.1pigment{rgb G(k,l)}finish{ambient 1}}#local C=C+1;