POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Attempt to POV4 Syntax basics : Re: Attempt to POV4 Syntax basics Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Attempt to POV4 Syntax basics
From: Fa3ien
Date: 5 Oct 2007 14:53:32
Message: <4706882c$1@news.povray.org>

> // three and four are "all the time" values like position
> // and rad for sphere. In this case, they could represent
> // Number of legs and height
> // 'box' is an object definition OR another class with its
> // own parameters. This is how its often done with macros
> // now.
>
> Stool { 3, 4, leg_shape { box 2 3 } pigment { rgb 1 } }

Note :

some years ago, I had to produce individual images of a great number of
windows.
I had a macro like this :
  #macro Window (Height,Width,TopArc,MullionThick,...) //many parameters

When invoked, it looked like :
  Window (250,300,25,5,2,1,1,4,6,120,5)

...unreadable as hell.  I would loved to be able to do
  Window {height = 250 width = 130 mullion_thickness = 5 ...}
in any order, and with default values.

This is an example where an apparently more complex syntax
leads to easier understanding.

Fabien.