POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray beta updates : Re: POV-Ray beta updates Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:13:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray beta updates
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 5 Oct 2007 12:43:03
Message: <47066997$1@news.povray.org>
Le 05.10.2007 03:09, Dre nous fit lire :

> I still believe you will get more testers if you totally remove the timeout
> (dont even get me started on the idea of a nag warning to click through!
> Bad bad bad!!!!!).  Having to keep mucking around with date/time settings to
> get it to run or reverting back to 3.6 is a pita so I for one dont bother
> with any betas.  If however there was no nag, or timeout, I would be more
> than happy to beta test.

It would simply be better already if the deadline was not missed
nearly everytime by the next beta.
This creates a kind of "stop & go" which is very bad for the moral
and conservation of testers.

And windows users, do not complain, you have a good priority on
getting betas... just think of amd64 linux users...

--
The superior man understands what is right;
the inferior man understands what will sell.