POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The future of POV.... : Re: The future of POV.... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The future of POV....
From: Fa3ien
Date: 5 Oct 2007 01:30:28
Message: <4705cbf4$1@news.povray.org>

> in my opinion, that antithetic to the whole POV mindset.  When I create
> a triangle mesh in POV, I want it to be exactly what I describe.   Since
> POV doesn't natively allow editing of meshes except as text, I don't
> want the rendering engine changing my 300 triangle mesh into a 6000
> triangle mesh.

I you don't want it, don't do it, but I can assure you that many people
would be delighted to be able to do it.

Or should we remove CSG of meshes because it changes the mesh's appearance ?

> Rendering and editing are 2 different processes, IMHO.

We should get rid if "trace", then ?

The strenght of POV-Ray is into the integration of the scene's
description and the renderer.  This should be enforced, not weakened.

Fabien.