POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray beta updates : Re: POV-Ray beta updates Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray beta updates
From: Chris Cason
Date: 4 Oct 2007 20:00:53
Message: <47057eb5$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

>> POV-Ray beta 22 is now out of date, which means I have to screw around with
>> my system clock to get it to function.
>>
>> Could the powers that be put beta 23 online?  It would be nice to have a
>> functional beta version of the application available as soon as the old one
>> expires.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> David Kanter
>> Editor
>> Real World Tech
>>

> If you use a beta version, you will have to deal with that issue. Next
> beta will be online when devs have time to do it.

Which (for windows) ought to be this weekend.

Starting with that beta I will be changing things such that after the
expiry date, a warning is displayed which has to be clicked-through rather
than not running at all. Though there probably still will be an absolute
timeout, it will be in the order of six to twelve months or so.

-- Chris