POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The future of POV.... : Re: The future of POV.... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:21:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The future of POV....
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 4 Oct 2007 19:36:41
Message: <47057909@news.povray.org>
Bryan Valencia wrote:
> in my opinion, that antithetic to the whole POV mindset.  When I create
> a triangle mesh in POV, I want it to be exactly what I describe.   Since
> POV doesn't natively allow editing of meshes except as text, I don't
> want the rendering engine changing my 300 triangle mesh into a 6000
> triangle mesh.

I didn't say I wanted it as a default. Just as an option. You don't use
a feature unless you know what to expect, and the docs would give plenty
of warning about using high subdivision values.

But, after reading Warp's reply, I think this would be better as a
library a person could aquire, if POV supports core scripting in the future.

> Rendering and editing are 2 different processes, IMHO.

It would be akin to making a 3-dimensional loop with thousands (or
millions) of objects. It would be easier to screw up, but the impact
would be the same.

Sam