POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The future of POV.... : Re: The future of POV.... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:16:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The future of POV....
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 4 Oct 2007 19:19:50
Message: <47057516$1@news.povray.org>
Tom York wrote:
> Samuel Benge <stb### [at] THIShotmailcom> wrote:
>> While we're talking about it, please, please, please, add support for
>> subdivision of meshes!
>
> Which is the single most important thing about it that make it useful to
> you? The reduction of parsing time, file size (and memory use?), or the way
> it tends to fix mesh rendering artifacts in the present code? Or something
> else?

1. The reduction of parsing time
2. The small file size of the target mesh (this involves low parsing times)
3. Ease of use
  a. Automatically smooths non-smooth meshes, if you want it
  b. Create complex shapes which would normally render very slowly with
isosurfaces

All justifiable arguments, IMO.

Sam