POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A new SDL Idea : Re: A new SDL Idea Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A new SDL Idea
From: Jeff Houck
Date: 4 Oct 2007 16:56:56
Message: <47055398$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Jeff Houck <jho### [at] northrimnet> wrote:
>> I've been trying to follow both of the SDL threads and one thing has
>> occurred to me, why not expose the core interface API to a language like
>> Python?
>
>   Changing radically the scripting language is not going to be well received.
Well, that certainly could be an issue though I don't see how it can be
avoided to some extent. It's all speculation I guess...

On the other hand, I could code up an "unofficial" Python binding
anyway... Just need the source and a little time...

>   Personally I dislike python in particular because of its enforced
> whitespace interpretation.

That's one of the things I like... to each his own they say.... :)