POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A new SDL Idea : Re: A new SDL Idea Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A new SDL Idea
From: Fa3ien
Date: 4 Oct 2007 12:04:39
Message: <47050f17$1@news.povray.org>

> Fa3ien <fab### [at] yourshoesskynetbe> wrote:
>>>   How would the average user then use those libraries from the SDL?
>
>> He would not.  I mean : it would be transparent for the end user.
>> The "official SDL" parser will take that in charge.
>
>   So what you are suggesting is that you can change the behavior of
> existing features but you can't add new features?

No, I'm not.

If the libraries exposes every single renderer functionnality, up to its
lowest level (such as trace a ray, get turbulence at point,...), nothing
would prevent accessing them from the SDL to create new functionality.
All I suggest here is an abstraction layer between renderer and SDL,
but no limitations of what can be done in SDL.

(I have things to add, but I must go home, more later...)

Fabien.