POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A new SDL Idea : Re: A new SDL Idea Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:27:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A new SDL Idea
From: Fa3ien
Date: 4 Oct 2007 11:29:41
Message: <470506e5@news.povray.org>
Alain a écrit :

> You must make sure that the new, revamped SDL remain compatible with the
> actual SDL, and remain capable to render existing scenes.

That will be a big issue.

Personally, I think that, while it might be possible to keep a good
amount of compatibility, 100% backwards compatibility shouldn't block
POV-Ray's evolution.  Some things will have to be broken, for the best.

I think (but might be wrong) that writing some kind of converter, to take
care of what's been broken, should be preferred instead of making an half-baked
SDL for the sake of compatibility.

Compromises...

Fabien.