POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kids TV : Re: Kids TV Server Time
11 Oct 2024 23:13:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kids TV
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 4 Oct 2007 05:48:43
Message: <4704b6fb@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:
> And lo on Wed, 03 Oct 2007 10:41:34 +0100, Bill Pragnell
> <bil### [at] hotmailcom> did spake, saying:
>
>> Orchid XP v3 wrote:
>>> What did you watch when you were a kid?
>>  >
>>> Mysterious Cities of Gold
>>
>> Superb. They really must release this on DVD (it is available as
>> bootlegs at present), it has a very enthusiastic fan-base and I for
>> one would buy it because I missed the last two episodes!
>
> and there I was just mentioning that I don't recall it finishing
> properly. Hmm two of us, did they pull the plug on the broadcast?

I don't know. I think I lost track because it went on so long (20+
episodes, difficult for a 10-year-old - or whatever I was), and then
everyone at school was saying how it had finally ended and I realised
I'd missed it. The last bit I remember was the battle with the Olmecs
and their mask-shaped laser-ship. Quite a high body count, as I recall...

>> Don't let's forget (I'm surprised nobody's mentioned it):
>>
>> Ulysses 31 !
>>
>> I obtained this recently on DVD and it hasn't dated too much at all.
>

> Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors too.

I don't understand how I missed this. Everyone I know remembers it, I've
seen the opening titles on YouTube, but I have absolutely no memory of
it. It looks really good; I feel robbed!

Bill