POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A new SDL Idea : Re: A new SDL Idea Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A new SDL Idea
From: Bryan Valencia
Date: 3 Oct 2007 19:30:29
Message: <47042615$1@news.povray.org>
I should say that a type of this is possible today...

You could create a POV namespace and begin coding "objects" that exist
in a structure and are able to be managed in source code, and stored in
your own formats, either in your own library or in a custom "Scene" file.

Then all you have to do is make your objects able to export themselves
in a POV format, like:

public class Sphere()
{
	public String ToPOV()
	{
		/*build the string to output a sphere and it's properties here*/
	}
}

Anyhow, this could be done now, but it would be better not to have to
render the scene as text... it would be better if we could use some kind
of bytecode that didn't barf on typos :)

--
---
Bryan Valencia

- I'd rather live with false hope than with false despair.