POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pssst : Re: Thanks! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:16:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Thanks!
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 2 Oct 2007 05:45:14
Message: <4702132a$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> But the sorts of questions Steve and I would ask each other would have
> considered "what was the improbability factor that Ford and Arthur were
> rescued by the Heart of Gold at?" to be a simple questions. (2^267709:1
> against - possibly much higher)
Hmm, I couldn't have answered that, but I suppose if you know the
Islington area code you're halfway there ;-)

> More along the lines of:
>
> How many times had Lintilla been cloned?
Millions, as I recall, and, typically for Adams, a terribly specific number.

> What was the ratio of Lintilla clones to lonely business executives that
> was maintained to keep the laws of supply and demand in balance?
Crikey, this merely rings a bell.

> Which escape capsule did Ford and Arthur get into in the Hagunnenon ship?
Ah, a fifty-fifty. Very generous! Um, left? My imagination says right
and for some reason my imagination always gets left and right wrong.

> In the end of the first episode, there's a chord played played after
> Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz issues his ultimatum to Ford and Arthur.  What is
> the piece of music that chord comes from, and who was the composer?
I thought it was a radiophonic effect. Sounds like an organ, so I'll say
Bach.

>> "How did you nutters get in here?"
>> "Well, what it is, you see, is, well, we flew in. Yes, definitely, we
>> flew in."
>> "Well, bloody fly out again."
>
> Listened to that bit on the drive in this morning.  Fit the Twelfth
> finished just as I pulled into my parking spot.

:D

> There is a benefit to a 45-minute+ drive in the morning. :-)
I currently walk to work, but if I ever face a commute this will be my
strategy also.

> "VarNtvar...."
> "Varntvar.  He's a priest.  Does marriages, and other things, but mostly
> marriages."

:D

"I have worked out that if I stick my left hand into my right ear I can
electrocute myself."
"What?"
"Terminally."
"Is that so."
"I can do it at a moment's notice. Just give the word."
"Just cool it, Marvin."
"I think I'll go and hide."

PS we seem to have hijacked this thread in a direction nobody could have
predicted