POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New puzzle/logic game : New puzzle/logic game Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:11:38 EDT (-0400)
  New puzzle/logic game
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 2 Oct 2007 00:25:03
Message: <4701c81f$1@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

I've made a new game. It's called Light's Out!, and is based on an
electronic handheld game by the same name.

The objective is to clear all the lights on each board. It has twenty
levels and penalties if you make too many mistakes. POV was used to
create the buttons, pointer and cursor. A special homage to POV appears
on level 9 :)

Here's a screenshot:
http://www.caltel.com/~abenge/lights_out.jpg

And the zip file (314kb):
http://www.caltel.com/~abenge/lights_out.zip

You'll need DirectX 8.0 or higher and Windows for it to work. The
instructions are included in the zip.

Tell me what you think of it! I'd also like to know if it runs smoothly
on your system. I capped the frames at 100/second. On my 1.6ghz machine
it runs perfectly, with frames to spare.

Plus, if you have any bugs to report, please tell. I think I've buttoned
everything up, but you never know!

Sam