POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Almost dead computer? : Re: Almost dead computer? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:43:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Almost dead computer?
From: Warp
Date: 1 Oct 2007 09:31:27
Message: <4700f6af@news.povray.org>
Rune <aut### [at] runevisioncom> wrote:
> Ok, I tried plugging in the PSU to my old computer, and it correctly started
> humming and could be turned on and off with that computer's ON-switch. It
> also made some beeping. PSU fault ruled out.

  Technically speaking, not necessarily. That's because the old computer
might require less watts and the failing PSU may just be alive enough to
run it, but not your watt-hungry newer computer.

  It wouldn't be the first time that a dying PSU runs the computer for some
minutes but then it just shuts down. When it's left to cool for a moment
and the computer is turned on again, the same thing happens.

--
                                                          - Warp